On January 27, Samsung has been more active in system updates and has released Android 12 updates for most of its product lines. However, there is a problem with the current update process, and that is regional fragmentation.
MOST OEMS USE A BULK RELEASE PROCESS THAT SENDS UPDATES TO DEVICES IN SELECTED REGIONS BEFORE THEY ARE WIDELY RELEASED. IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE FIRMWARE, THE DAMAGE CAN BE MINIMIZED. IN THE CASE OF SAMSUNG, EACH PHONE COMES WITH A SPECIFIC “CSC” CODE TO IDENTIFY THE REGION IN WHICH IT IS LOCATED, AND THE BUILD OF EACH CODE MUST BE TESTED SEPARATELY.
According to the Galaxy Club, Samsung is already working on this issue. The official unification of CSC codes in Europe effectively reduces the number of firmware with EUX CSC codes.
In addition, Galaxy Club has confirmed that Samsung phones in 2022 will all feature EUX CSC codes, including the Galaxy S22 series, Galaxy A23, and Galaxy A73.
IT HOUSE UNDERSTANDS THAT THE NEW FIRMWARE DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY SEEMS TO BE ONLY ADOPTED IN EUROPE AT THE MOMENT, BUT IT IS LIKELY TO BE EXTENDED TO OTHER REGIONS AS WELL. FOR USERS, THE MOST OBVIOUS BENEFIT SHOULD BE A FASTER UPDATE FREQUENCY, AS SAMSUNG ONLY NEEDS TO DEVELOP ONE VERSION OF THE FIRMWARE FOR ONE REGION.
- The first 3nm chip? The iPhone 14 series will use the 4nm process transition.
- RETRO ROUTE? SAMSUNG S22 SERIES OFFICIAL PROTECTIVE CASE DESIGN IS UP.
- Lei Jun stepped down as chairman of Xiaomi Electronics Company, Lin Bin and others also quit the company.
- SAMSUNG WILL BRING A UNIFIED CSC CODE FOR EUROPEAN PHONES TO SPEED UP FIRMWARE UPDATES
- Speed is impressive: Samsung Galaxy S22 supports 25W charging.